1 अप्रैल 2017

Channeling the emotions

You stressed in the preface of the 48 laws of power the importance of mastering your emotions; how can a person learn to perfect that skill?

 Emotions play a vital role in our success. It is not about repressing them, a futile task that will make you miserable. It is about channeling the energy that comes from emotions in a productive way. You learn how to use anger to fuel you, instead of consume you. You use excitement about a subject to inspire you, instead of continually searching for some new entertainment. In the book I compare it to the horse and the rider. The horse is your emotions, your animal energy, your libido. The rider is your mind, your conscious mind. If you simply let the horse run amok, which is what happens to many people, then you have no self-control and end up in all kinds of weird dead ends and traps in life. As the rider, you are in control of your emotions, not the other way around. I use certain feelings to inspire me and give me energy, but I remain in control and always aware. I wrote a whole chapter on this subject, so I ask you to wait a year or two to read this. So once again, thank you so much everyone. It has been a lot of fun.
(Robert Greene in interviews)

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें